🎥 WATCH: Top Places to See in the Faroe Islands
👕 DAVID’S BEEN HERE SHIRTS & MERCH:
Welcome to birthplace of democracy! Greece is one of the oldest and most influential civilizations in the world. I have visited three times and covered many destinations, From the mainland, to the islands. I’ve also sampled an array of foods, from seafood to hardy meats, wines and delicious cheeses. Here is my list of top 10 places to visit in Greece, a country unlike any other on earth.
1. Athens – Let’s start with Athens, the capital of Greece and one of the oldest cities in the world.
2. Delphi – A two and a half hour drive from Athens brings you to what the ancient world considered both the spiritual and physical center of the universe.
3. Epidavros – A two-hour drive from Athens to eastern Peloponnese brings us to #3 on my list and one of the ancient world’s most amazing civic structures: The Theatre of Epidavros.
4. Sounion – Number 4 on my list is the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion.
5. Rhodes Island – Rhodes is one of the largest of all the Greek islands.
6. Symi Island – An hour by ferryboat will bring you to the tiny but beautiful island of Symi.
7. Kos Island – Kos is home to the Asklepion, one of the world’s first healing centers, as well as the ancient tree under which Hippocrates taught his pupils.
8. Kalymnos Island – Traditionally known as the island of the sponge divers, Kalymians now enjoy living in one of Europe’s most illustrious rock climbing destinations.
9. Santorini Island – Its iconic blue and white houses and dramatic cliffs make it visually stunning at every turn.
10. Meteora – Meteora, which literally translates into ‘suspended in the air’ alluding to the medieval monasteries perched on top of rock pillars in this strange and beautiful landscape.
Those were my picks for the top 10 places to visit in Greece? What’d you think? Leave me your questions or suggestions below!
► Business: email@example.com
Check out my top videos!
+ INSTAGRAM ►
+ FACEBOOK ►
+ TWITTER ►
+ MY BLOG! ►
+BUSINESS EMAIL ► firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is David Hoffmann and for the last decade I have been traveling around the world in search of unique culture, food and history! Since starting Davidsbeenhere in 2008, I have traveled to 71 countries and over 1,000 destinations, which I welcome you to check out on my YouTube Channel, blog and social medias.
I focus a great deal on food and historic sites, as you probably have seen! I love to experience the different flavors that each destination has to offer, whether it’s casual Street food or gourmet restaurant dining. I’m also passionate about learning the local history and culture.
Top 10 Places to Visit in Greece